Hi Debian!

I was using Slackware for the last 2 years and have switched to
Debianbecause of your package install program.  I love it!

I do have a couple of questions:

1.      I use NT as a network here(choke).  So I need the Samba routiens
running.  Although on Slackware I had some other problems with it
(probably the version levels I was using), On this one I cannot see long
filenames.  I am using the smbmount command like I am supose to and I
compiled the smb support into the kernal.  I figure that it is something
simple but I do not know.

2.      In Slackware I could never get LyX to work at all.  I installed it on
Debian and it worked!  Thanks for that much.  But today I powered up and
none of the keys work at all!  I do not know why but for some reason the
keyboard is dead in only that program.  What would cause this?

Thanks to everyone that made Debian.  It is an exelent system.

Brian Schramm
--

For more info please see http://www.csd.net/~bschramm/home
Or contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]