Does anyone have multi-cast working under Debian linux?  I tried building a
kernel with multicast enabled [including tunneling/routing] but subsequent
rebooting of the machine rendered the ethernet interface completely
inoperative.

I'm using an Intel EtherExpress Pro/100 card... but could use a Tulip based
card.

Current build is against 2.0.18-- but i'm in the process of upgrading to
2.0.23 [which, for some reason, my system claims that the hand built kernel
module is built against even though I never installed 2.0.23].

argh,
b.bum