I am able to successfully recieve data OR fax calls to my modem, with
mgetty+sendfax, but I am having problems with SENDING files.  I wish to
send a TEXT file.  Documentation isn't very good for the faxing part of
mgetty, and I don't see anywhere how to tell it to send a text file.

I've been doing something like this:
'faxspool [phonenumber] [textfile]'
And I get an error saying can not recognize file type, and asks for type.
inputing "text" doesn't help.

Is there a conversion program for text -> g3? Or text -> pbm, then run
pbm2g3?

Or is there another program I must grab? (Such as efax?)
--
                              Daniel Stringfield
       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.jax-inter.net/users/servo