Dear all

LaTeX runs fine on all my documents apart from the fact that it cannot
find the Greek alphabet resulting in some strange looking equations, I
have included part of the log file and several days back tried the TeX
newsgroup:

LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OML/cmm/m/it on input line 12.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 12.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for T1/cmr/m/n on input line 12.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 12.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OT1/cmr/m/n on input line 12.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 12.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OMS/cmsy/m/n on input line 12.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 12.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for OMX/cmex/m/n on input line 12.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 12.
LaTeX Font Info:    Checking defaults for U/cmr/m/n on input line 12.
LaTeX Font Info:    ... okay on input line 12.
LaTeX Font Info:    External font `cmex10' loaded for size
(Font)              <12> on input line 31.
LaTeX Font Info:    External font `cmex10' loaded for size
(Font)              <8> on input line 31.
LaTeX Font Info:    External font `cmex10' loaded for size
(Font)              <6> on input line 31.
 (nomenclature.tex
Missing character: There is no ^^O in font cmmi12!
Missing character: There is no u in font cmmi12!
Missing character: There is no u in font cmmi12!
Missing character: There is no = in font cmmi12!
Missing character: There is no ^^W in font cmmi12!
Missing character: There is no ^^O in font cmmi12!
.
.
.
.
etc.

Am pulling my hair out over this as I cannot make any sense of it.  BTW
this is Debian 1.1 from Infomagics September Linux Developers Resource.

Cheers

Zeb.