Stephen Early wrote:

> One of the good things, in my opinion, about Debian is that it
> provides packages that are set up sensibly with 'normal' defaults. I
> don't want to start doing anything fancy just to look pretty; other
> distributions have tried this, and it occasionally causes confusion
> and problems. It's more a philisophical issue than a technical one,
> really - people should be able to configure their systems however they
> like, without having to undo all sorts of distribution-specific gunk
> first.

Sure, the user should be able to customise things if
they want to.  But if you don't have a pretty default,
people will simply say that Debian looks ugly!
--
Debian GNU/Linux 1.1 is out! { http://www.debian.org/ }
Email:  Herbert Xu ~{PmV>HI~} <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--
This message was distributed manually by [EMAIL PROTECTED] after the list
initially failed to distribute it.