On Sun, 15 Dec 1996, Daniel Stringfield wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade a package that requires base (>= 1.2.0-3) and says I
> have an older version. (1.1 something)  but I can not find a package named
> "base" anywhere.  Any clues to what happened to this package?

Which package?
The 1.2 system has replaced base with base-files. However base-files
doesn't remove base during an upgrade, but doesn't provide base either, so
a "new" installation will appear to have no base support. Don't know what
Bruce plans to do to fix this.

Luck,

Dwarf

      Black Creek Critters           e-mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]