On Dec 27, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christian Hudon) wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Dec 1996, Walter Tautz wrote:
>
> > I am curious as to why there is no `Reply to' field from this list? Is
> > this a deliberate technique to decrease traffic. Just wondering...
>
> Because "Reply-to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" is evil. :-)
>
> Are you adding in manually "debian-user@lists.debian.org" to the cc each
> time you want to reply to the list? If so, poke around your mailer a bit
> more. Every decent email program has an option that does "reply to all".
> On elm, it's the "g" key. Pine asks you if you want to reply to all
> recipients when you reply to a list message or a message with a cc.
> If you're  not using one of these two, look around the help files!

In mutt, you can define addresses of the lists you read, and then
use the command 'list-reply' (typically bound to 'L') to reply to
that list -- it looks through several headers for a potential list
address, it doesn't have to be in the "To:" field. It's better than
'reply-all' (IMO) because you reply just to the list, rather than
to the list and any explicit addresses.

Steve Greenland

--
The Mole - I think, therefore I scream

                        "Tourists -- have some fun with New York's
                         hard-boiled cabbies.  When you get to your
                         destination, say to your driver, "Pay?  I was
                         hitchhiking."
[David Letterman]