> Hello, all,
>   Anyway, when running X, I'm troubled by "streaks" (don't know
> how else to describe them) at higher resolutions, which I suspect
> are related to the dot clocks I've chosen.  Namely, the higher
> the clock, the more pronounced the streaking.  This streaking
> only occurs when the mouse is near or traverses a window border.
> Thus, if I move the mouse on a blank background (either on the
> desktop or fully within a window, I do not see any streaking).
> Video Chipset:  Trident TGUI9680-1.  Programmable clocks.

   In /usr/doc/X11, there may be a README.trident or similar that can give
you some ideas. We have a PC here at the office with a Cirrus Logic video
card that sufferes the same problems, and yes, it has something to do with
a high dot clock setting. For the SVGA server (which I assume you are
using?) there were options like "fifo_conservative" and "no_bitblt", etc.,
that were supposed to help. Hopefully similar options would be available
to you?

  Okay...there is a README.trident file. The options you may want to
experiment with are "fast_dram" or "slow_dram" and maybe
"tgui_pci_read_off" and "tgui_pci_write_off". The file is in the above
path I mentioned. Hopefully that will lead you to a solution...

                                SJG