I am trying to install Debian 1.2 on a Micron Millenia Transport laptop. For
some reason (probably conected with the fact that there is no way of disabling
shadow video for this board) the laptop display switches off fairly early in
the procedure last message "SJCD resetting". If I connect an external monitor,
either activated together with or instead of the internal display, it remains
active.

I had a similar problem with 1.1 (for which I never finished the install since
1.2 became available) but one of the "special kernels" (2.0.18_0) solved it.

There don't seem to be any such special kernels in 1.2, and I have no
nformation about what configuration was used to generate the one which worked
for me. I would try continuing with the 1.1 installation, but the floppies have
gone bad.

Any suggestions?