>       I just goat a new (cheap) 3 button mouse, proudly pluged it in, ent to
>       /etc/X11/XF86config and commenred out the Emulate3Buttons.
>       Ubfortunately the middle button still doesn'y wrk.
>
>       What else should I try?

You're probably still using microsoft protocol to talk to the mouse;
this does support 3 buttons, but your mouse probably doesn't use it.
You should try the toggle rts/cts option; I believe you need also
to change your mouse type to mouse systems in that instance. The
rts/cts toggle will tell your mouse to change to Mouse Systems mode,
which is where it will support three buttons.
(Although it may do something different again.)

hamish

--
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.