I was getting bus errors with the most recent version of Netscape 3.0
until I turned off Java.  When I installed Communicator Beta 2, it may
have kept Java turned off, I don't know.  I got a bus error within the
first few seconds of using it, but I've used it for about 5 hours after
that with no problem.  So those bus error problems are not isolated to
Communicator beta 2, that's my point!

On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, David Puryear wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 25-Feb-97 Christian Hudon wrote:
> >On 24 Feb 1997, David Sewell wrote:
> >
> >> Just wondering if any Debian users have tried the new Netscape
> >> Communicator beta, released a couple of days ago.
> >>

> >Tried it with MALLOC_CHECK_=0, only got one bus error. The newsreader was
> >working fine for me.
>
> I had to disable java, or it give me buss error and crash every time it hit
> webpage with java. I also get buss error if I do java console.
>
> Email is not very stable. I like the webpage editor.
>
> If anyone finds way to make java work without causing bus error, please let me
> know.
>
> Thanks,
> David
>

> --
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] . Trouble? e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

-=-

Daniel Robbins
School of Medicine Computer Services
University of New Mexico