Here's the listing of the files in /dev belonging to the audio group:

rae:~: 18:06 >find /dev/ -group audio -ls
 32958    0 crw-rw----   1 root     audio     14,   3 Dec 18 23:55 /dev/dsp
 32959    0 crw-rw----   1 root     audio     14,   0 Dec 18 23:55 /dev/mixer
 32960    0 crw-rw----   1 root     audio     14,   1 Dec 18 23:55
/dev/sequencer
 32961    0 crw-rw----   1 root     audio     14,   2 Dec 18 23:55 /dev/midi00
[cut]

As you can see all audio related files are already writable for everybody in
the group 'audio'. I just added all the audio users in the group 'audio'.
Here's the audio line from the /etc/group file:

rae:~: 19:21 >grep audio /etc/group
audio:*:29:heikki,johanna

You might have to logout and login for the changes to take effect.

Pedro Quaresma de Almeida wrote:
> As superuser I can hear the sound (xpat2, ...) but
> as normal users no :(
>
> Should I change the premissions in /dev/audio or ???

//Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland