I have been running XFree86 with a 2 button PS2 mouse with the
HP name on it and haven't had any problems with it. After using X for
a bit it looked like it would be nice to get the functionality of a 3
button mouse so I just picked up a 3 button Mouse Systems mouse
PN 404097-002  (PS2 style).  It seams to bave a big problem, when the
mouse moves from left to right or bottom to top all is fine.  Whan
the mouse is moved from right to left or top to bottom the pointer
jumps to the edge of the screen.  I did change the confightation so
that it should use the 3 buttons as far as I can tell.

     The same problem seams to occur on the vertual consoles and
there was no previous problem there.  The mouse works fine in Win95
with the lack of use of the middle button.

     Thanks all for any help.

    Chris