On Apr 15, Remco van de Meent wrote
> I'm using Debian 1.2, patched up to level 9, together with qmail-1.00,
> majordomo-1.94.1 (patched for use with qmail) and hypermail-1.02-2.

Once upon a long ago, the Debian lists' web archive was based on hypermail.
Unfortunately, hypermail began to exhibit core dumps on large archives.

> the archive isn't updated. Qmail is trying to executing the program, but
> finishes with an error: deferral: Aack,_child_crashed._(#4.3.0).

Check for core dumps.

You might want to consider doing your archives using MHonArc instead of
hypermail.

HTH,
Ray
--
POPULATION EXPLOSION  Unique in human experience, an event which happened
yesterday but which everyone swears won't happen until tomorrow.