Dear Debian users, I have two questions related to XF86 setup  and boot

  - I have Debian 1.2 installed with kernel 2.0.27, when I boot the system,
  the last thing the system do, before asking me for the user and password,
  is start the xdm program. Then the system change to the seventh tty and
  change the apperance from text to graphical. I move to the first console
  using CTRL+ ALT+F1 and entering to a new user I try to start the XF86
  using startx the system answers me:

  Fatal Server error:
  Server is already active for display 0
     If this server is no loger running, remove /tmp/.X0-lock and start
  again.

  Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
  giving up
  xinit: unable to connect to X server.
  xinit: No such process (error 3): Server error.

  I suppose that the solution could be change the boot xdm start but I
  don't know how to do it.

  Could anybody advice me ?

  Thanks

  J.R.Martinez Miro