On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Eugene Sevinian wrote:

> I hope someone can help me to fix this.
> Following the instructions provided by loadlin's manual I had
> mofified msdos.sys seting " BootGUI=0 and Logo=0 "
> Now I have windows producing :
> "Missing or corrupted file: COMMAND.COM
> File creation error" (or something like that ).
> However I can enter into W95 typing WIN but I don't think
> this is right.

Well, if you have BootGUI=0 then it's correct to have to type WIN to get
into W95. All BootGUI=1 does is to make the system 'type' WIN itself.
(So if you create a C:\WIN.BAT file, WIN will run that file instead of
running W95!)

> P.S.
> Here is my the config file :
> --------------------
> [menu]
> menuitem=W95, Boot Windows95
> menuitem=LINUX, Boot Linux
> menudefault=W95,30
>
> [W95]
> shell=win

That doesn't look right. I have
     shell=c:\windows\command.com c:\windows /p /e:1024
in my W95 config.sys, which I assume is used for the DOS prompt.

--
David Wright, Open University, Earth Science Department, Milton Keynes MK7 6AA
U.K.  email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  tel: +44 1908 653 739  fax: +44 1908 655 151