On Tuesday I installed several updated packages from bo.  I noticed
this morning that file system dumps have been failing since then.
Here is a dummy run of /sbin/dump to show the symptoms.
  franz# /sbin/dump 0f /dev/null /spare1
    DUMP: Date of this level 0 dump: Thu May  1 17:13:35 1997
    DUMP: Date of last level 0 dump: the epoch
    DUMP: Dumping /dev/hda1 (/spare1) to /dev/null
    DUMP: mapping (Pass I) [regular files]
    DUMP: mapping (Pass II) [directories]
    DUMP: estimated 41266 tape blocks on 1.06 tape(s).
    DUMP: dumping (Pass III) [directories]
    DUMP: dumping (Pass IV) [regular files]
  /sbin/dump: can't resolve symbol 'ext2_llseek'
  /sbin/dump: can't resolve symbol 'ext2_llseek'
  /sbin/dump: can't resolve symbol 'ext2_llseek'
    DUMP: Interrupt received.
    DUMP: Do you want to abort dump?: ("yes" or "no") yes
    DUMP: The ENTIRE dump is aborted.

Any suggestions on what has gotten out of sync?  Even better, any
suggestions on how to repair the problem?