INN is way too much of a resource hog to be using on anything but a
dedicated machine.  I would suggest that you use newsx or leafnode or
c-news.  INN is fine if you have a dedicated machine with a lot of RAM but
for a small network where a system must wear many hats, you are probably
much better off with batched news.

> I can't seem to get news running OK, I've put my news details into the
> get-news.conf, and
> running get-news seems to connect to my ISP's news server and download
> messages, but they
> seem to then dissapear completely.
>
> Is there a HOWTO or a FAQ that covers this configuration ? I've had a look
> through but
> not been able to find anything suitable.
>
> --
>     Alex Monaghan   Network Support Analyst, Royal Mail Anglia
>                     London Rd, Stevenage, SG1 1AA, UK
>     Email           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>     STD             01438 767081
>     Postline        5811 7081