This is a posting concerning a post about a week ago.  We were discussing
this as a hard drive going TU or a problem with the e2fs operation.

I believe it was joost that mentioned he had this problem when he had a
dma conflict with a sound card.  I disabled dma on my hard drive a week
ago and haven't seen this error since.

It had been rearing it's ugly head during cron.daily, most notably, along
with a few other tasks.  I have left my system up since the change so that
cron.daily has run every day and I haven't seen the problem once since.

Since I can't change the dma on my sound card (software configured) I
guess this is the fix.

Just an FYI for those involved in the earlier posting.

L8R,

--Rick

Unsolicited commercial/propaganda email subject to legal action.  Under US
Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), Sec.227(b)(1)(C), and Sec.227(b)(3)(C), a
State may impose a fine of NOT LESS than $500 per message.  Read the full
text of Title 47 Sec 227 at HTTP://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html