Happened to me on another system I had setup.
Didn't really spend much time on the problem, but I would be very courious
as to what is causeing the message.

btw: I also added default setting for all services. The install did not do
this, it just converted all of inetd services over. Also remember to
watch packages that don't check for xinetd and instead alter inetd.conf.

Heres what I added to xinetd.conf for default settings to all services:

defaults
{
        log_type        = SYSLOG daemon
        log_on_success  = PID HOST EXIT DURATION
        log_on_failure  = HOST ATTEMPT RECORD
}

The USERID setting does not work for success+failure for some reason.

Matthew