I asked myself the same thing recently. I don't have the stuff with me
here at work, but if you check the readme/doc files for mgetty, you should
see the home page of the author/support person.

According to the web site, the voice package was in for some major
overhaul of some sort.  You can get sources for it there (for all of
mgetty, actually, it being in the mgetty/voice dir).  I got that far, and
am going to actually build it when I get 5 minutes.

regards
-dh