Dima <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Put  RAIDed disks on one controller and / and swap on another.

Well, as I understand it, if you're not using hardware raid,
specifically, if you're using IDE, then having the RAIDed disks on the
same IDE controller mostly defeats the purpose of RAID (at least RAID
for acceleration) because IDE can only issue commands to one drive on
a given controller at a time.

If you're using SCSI, then I'm not sure if it makes a lot of
difference if the RAIDed drives are on the same controller or
different ones.  Probably depends on the quality of the controllers.

This is all assuming *software* raid (i.e. md).
--
Rob