> * D, like the d in day
> * e, like the e in pet
> * b, much softer than the b in bass
> * i, like see
> * a, like a in father (american english)
> * n, like in now

for me (i'm on the middle atlantic seaboard in the US,
south of Philadelphia),  it's almost the same.  My "b" is a little harder
than yours,  and "ian" goes
        : e as in "see"
        : an as in "Annie"

        So it's three syllables,  "Deb'-i-an",  with the accent on the "deb".

                                                        Will

                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                        http://www.ecl.udel.edu/~lowe/