On Mon, 30 Jun 1997 13:35:59 BST Matthew ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:

[snip]

> I compiled the 'module' and did an insmod. Lo and Behold my CDROM drive
> worked. I'm impressed. It took some digging, but I got it to work.
>
> Now. The only problem I have is that when I insmod the 'module' I get a
> warning saying that it was compiled under kernel version 2.0.29 and I
> have to force it to load.
> Am I right in thinking that this is because of the headers of libc5 (I
> read the unofficial e-mail from Linus about Debians attitude towards
> kernel headers). And if so, is there any way that I can compile this
> module so that it doesn't matter what kernel version I am running?

Yes ! It's the library headers's fault !
When you compile this modules, compile it with -I<whatever directory your
kernel sources are in>/include.
The kernel sources are the current kernel source.
For me it would be -I/usr/local/src/linux/include/.

Phil.