Thanks for the fast response on the first note.  Now when running 'make
config' to configure my kernel (in an attempt to add sound support), my
system finds those 5 *.h files that were missing (libc5-dev fixed
that).  But now I get this..

Compiling Sound Driver v3.5.5-beta for Linux
rm -f configure
gcc -I/usr/src/kernel-source-2.0.30 /include -o configure configure.c
In file included from configure.c:20:
/usr/include/stdlib.h:34:  stddef.h: No such file or directory.....

that goes on for the other 4 .h files that were missing earlier
(string.h stdio.h, etc)

what do I do now?  this is kinda puzzling me.. =)

jason westervelt

[EMAIL PROTECTED]