hi,
don't know if this will help at all, but if you're running an award bios
and can upgrade to the latest version (4.51, i believe) it will initialize
the pnp cards for you. i just built a computer with an asus motherboard,
and it initializes my sb32pnp and usr pnp cards so all i have is the
driver for the sb and everything works great!

of course, you have to choose a non-pnp os in the bios setup.

hope this helps! :),
matty