I have been having problems getting auctex to work.  I tried reinstalling
it and got the following message:

Setting up auctex (9.7n-2) ...
The following files mention tex-site.el, even though they shouldnt:
   /etc/emacs/site-start.el
please remove the load or require command from these files.

The file in question reads:

(require 'tex-site)
(load "debian-rundir")
(debian-run-directory)
;; DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
;; See /usr/doc/emacs/README.site-start.d for where to add your package
;; initialization code.

So should I edit it or not???  I decided to edit it and it seems to have
fixed the problem, but there should be a better fix.