    Mike> I upgraded my system to hamm recently, and I am having
    Mike> trouble with a script I have been using to create
    Mike> invoices. The error message is:

    Mike> ------ Snip ------

    Mike> mike:~$ invoice -n Illegal character \015 (carriage return)
    Mike> at /home/mschmitz/bin/invoice line 3.  (Maybe you didn't
    Mike> strip carriage returns after a network transfer?)

    Mike> The only transfers this script has gotten have been
    Mike> accomplished by cp. If I put a # at the end of line 3, the
    Mike> error just moves up one.  Has anyone seen/solved this error?

Perl 5.004 does not allow DOS carriage returns at the end of line.
You will have to go through and remove all the ^Ms from the script.

(an easy way to do that would be to 'pico filename', then just save)

--
Brought to you by the letters K and X and the number 15.
"Disobeying me?" "No, I don't." -- Final Fantasy II