James C. Carr wrote:
:       As far as I've been told, though I haven't actually tried it,
:the Linux kernel functions up to the year 2037.  How that works, I'm
:not entirely sure...

The Unix timestamp is represented as time_t, which is usually a signed
long value. A date is represented a the number of seconds elapsed since
January 1st 1970, 0:00:00. The easy way to figure out the wrap date is
by running the following code:

-snip-
#include <stdio.h>
#include <limit.h>
#include <time.h>

void main( int argc, char **argv )
{
        time_t wrap = LONG_MAX;

        printf("Wrap will occur at %s", asctime( gmtime(&wrap_tm) ) );
}
-snip-

:       Anyhow, I've got a question of my own: Has anyone successfully
:gotten a filter to use gs on a .ps file AND send it to a networked
:printer via smbclient?  I've gotten as far as previewing a
:PostScripted file using gv, and I can print raw text through
:smbclient, but I've kind of stepped onto a stumbling block with this
:pairing.  Ah well...

I suppose this would work the same way as setting up any other remote
printer: by creating a set of two spools. SDee the details in the
LPR-HOWTO.

Bye,
--
Thomas Baetzler, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<A HREF="http://www.fh-karlsruhe.de/~bath0011/>Visit my Homepage!</A>