On  7 Aug, Brian K Servis wrote:
> activity.  I still could move the pointer though.  My only solution at
> the time was to push the reset button.  If I had had a joystick driver
> active I could have started a clean shutdown which would have saved me
> some work when the system came back up with all kinds of disk errors
> due to the cold reboot.

Me too. It happens, if I switch runlevels running X. The keyboard is
locked. No switching to a VC possible, Alt + strg + Backspace didn't
work either.

The mouse works perfectly as well as X. I could start apps through the
mouse menues.

After the first time, I added a shutdown option to my FVWM Mouse-Menus

I am running X 3.3-3.

Ciao,
        Martin