On Fri, 15 Aug 1997 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> What would be the best way to enable her to run the shutdown command, without
> creating a giant security hole which might bite me in the @*% should this
> machine ever become a gateway?  My thoughts up to this point:

Why don't you use sudo?  It allows you to execute root commands as a
normal user.  I believe you can (as root) specify which users are allowed
to do which commands in the /etc/sudoers file.  We have a .deb of sudo
someplace ... hit www.debian.org and find it.

                                                        Will
                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                               [EMAIL PROTECTED]