> From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Mon Aug 18 19:47:48 1997
>

> I was wondering if anyone has been able to connect a
> Sun keyboard to a PC?

Yes, I know of few people. They used a self made converter.

> It ought to be possible since Linux can run on Sparc.
>
> But maybe the hardware is completely different?

That's right.
AFAIK PC keyboard interface is synchron (uses one bidirectional
data wire) and Sun's one is asynchron (two wires, transmit and receive).

> Any hint?

Check this one:

http://www.it.kth.se/~pme/sunkbd.html

You will find there a rather sparse description of a converter which
should do the job. Although the circuit might look easy it requires
from you some amount of electronic skill. If you don't have it do what
I did: find a friend who has some :-)
Seriously speeking, few days ago I built the converter and yesterday
evening managed to program the eeprom in the microcontroller.
This morning I gave it to a professional for debugging because it
doesn't work :-(

I will let you know as soon as there is some progress.

> --
> /Jörgen Hägg
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Regards,
Chris

Chris Osicki ([EMAIL PROTECTED])       GfAI - Group for Applied Informatics Ltd.
Dipl. Informatik Ing. HTL        Mettlenwaldweg 17
Systems Engineer                 CH-3037 Herrenschwanden
Tel. +41 31 308 67 00            Switzerland
Fax. +41 31 301 30 04