On Wed, 20 Aug 1997 14:28:10 -0400, Eloy A. Paris wrote:

>my company uses Debian very seriously so I think is very fair to help the
>project with donations. I have just bought 2 "Official Debian 1.3.1 CD's"
>from LSL and I chose the product that includes a 5 dollar donation to the
>Debian project.

And since I am in such a pissed off mood over these version number let's start
on these
donations. Where do they go and what are they used for?

I think Debian was doing just fine before it started to receive cash donations.
What expenses does
it have? Can you make your books public Bruce?

The purpose  behind the official incorporation for Debian is still beyand me,
and the more I think
about it I don't like it.  The project (like linux) has always been for
freeholders all over the world.
Why the US government suddenly has to get involded, I have no idea. Why does
Debian need to
be an artificial US government privedged entiy? It's our OS. We collectivly own
it. Why do we
suddenly need permission from someone to exists I'm sure some of the other
anarchists here are
also wondering about these things....