Could some one with an FTP site please let Hong upload his bash packages to it.
  And if you do could you please tell me the address.  I really would like to
have a working copy of Bash 2.01 as I can't seem to get one I have compiled to
work.

Thanks

On 26-Aug-97 H Huang wrote:

>> Also is there going to be a stable and safe way to upgrade to bash 2.01
>> (by way
>> of a deb package) any time soon?  Of is there already and I don't know
>> about it?
>>  I would like to install as few programs from unstable as possible.
>
>I've built a dozen libc5 version deb's including bash 2.01 and ncurses
>3.4.  They've been working great for me so far, and might be useful for
>someone who are not ready for glibc. The problem is I don't have a place
>to upload to. If someone has a ftp site and is willing to hold these
>packages, I'd be glad to upload. Let me know via email, since I'm not on
>this list.
>
>Cheers.
>
>Hong
>
>(P.S. XFree 3.3.1 is out for a while. It's basically a bug-fixed release.
>AFAIK, the debian maitainer is busy migrating the packages to glibc,
>therefore it's very unlikely there will be a libc5 version going into the
>bo tree. I'm not going to upgrade to hamm before it gets more stable since
>I've something important going on on my debian box. However, I don't wait
>too long for X 3.3.1 either, because it claimed a bug related to my video
>card driver had been fixed. So I intended to build a libc5 version of X
>3.3.1. But the problem is that I don't have enough space to do so (the
>largest package I can build is XEmacs). To build X, I believe, I at least
>need 500 mb disk space. Again, if someone out there is interested in this
>and willing to provide me a temporary account on his/her debian libc5 box
>for the weekend, I'm willing to build the packages and make them available
>to all interested parties. Thanks.)
>

>--
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] .
>Trouble?  e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] .

E-Mail: Travis Cole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> -- <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.methow.com/~tcole -- Get my Public Key here
Date: 25-Aug-97
Time: 22:52:40
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.