Hello,

 recently I installed xlib6 (3.3-5) and xlib6g (3.3-5) because these
 packages are needed by other packages of X programs in hamm. This resulted
 in several problems:

 1) Some packages (mostly still from Debian 1.2) depend on elf-x11r6lib
    which was apparently provided by older xlib6's. If I update these
    packages, should (will) they depend on xlib6 instead of elf-x11r6lib?

 2) The new xlib6(g) breaks fvwm2. It doesn't work (it quits without an
    error message), while fvwm95 runs fine. I guess, fvwm2 isn't available
    as libc6-package.

 3) xlib6g-dev provides xdevel and conflicts with xdevel. This gives
    a kind of a dependency problem with the older xlib6-dev package.
    I purged xlib6-dev, but the problem still persists. Any idea???
    Which development package for X should be installed?

 Thanks,

  Ulf

--

 #include <signature>