Paulo Almeida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hi Mike!
>
> I have faced the same problem but with 3Com cards. There is only one
> solution for this problem: use 2 different network cards.

Here, some people configured two NE2000 in a same box.

They just put append="ether=10,0x320,eth1" in lilo.conf to describe the second
card, since the first one is probed.

Kernel:

NE*000 ethercard probe at 0x300: 00 40 33 2f 6c de
eth0: NE2000 found at 0x300, using IRQ 5.
NE*000 ethercard probe at 0x320: 00 80 ad ab 28 3e
eth1: NE2000 found at 0x320, using IRQ 10.

Perhaps, the driver must be compiled inside the kernel, since some drivers
have their parameters analised in boot time but not in loading module time.

If there is some PNP card, you may have problems.

--
Alair Pereira do Lago  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.ime.usp.br/~alair>
Computer Science Department -- Universidade de S~ao Paulo -- Brazil