Don't know how much thos S3 cards Joost wrote about cost, but it may be
more cost effective to buy AxxeleratedX from Xi Graphics ($99, www.xig.com).
It does support your card/chipset and you can download a demo before
buying to make sure (times out after 10 mins).  Install was a piece of
cake, and it works great with my Alliance ProMotion 6422 that was for the
longest time unsupported by XFree and lately only somewhat supported (and
I'm too clueless to be of much help to the XFree developers).

One caveat.  If you're using XFree 3.3 (you still need it, you just don't
need the XFree Server) you will have to ungzip your font directories and
then compress them (optional) as recent list traffic suggests.  Xi may
have directions for doing this on their website.

                                       Kevin