> Actually your both right because my question can go both ways it doesnt
> matter they both are helpful BUT,i tried both ways and they dont work for
> example if i enter X and start netscape and then go back to Xterm i cant
> enter any commands its locked until i kill netscape,i tried it only with
> Xterm i opened two Xterms but the first one didnt work after i opened the
> second one.

Solution 1:
  Start the programmes "in the background", with an extra "&"
    netscape &
    xterm &

Solution 2:
  If you already started a programme on the forground (i.e. without &),
  you can make it go to the background by typing ^Z (Control_Z),
  and then "bg" (ENTER). Sample session:

                    rulcmc:~$ xterm
Press ^Z here:
                    [1]+  Stopped                 xterm
type bg ENTER:      rulcmc:~$ bg
                    [1]+ xterm &

Solution 3:
  (possibly need to install "menu" for this) Choose "xterm" or
  "netscape" from the menu, (in fvwm2, and most other window managers,
  click with the left mouse button to get the window's).

Solution 4:
  Well, I'm trying to thing of other insane ways to do this. You
  _can_ also use "screen": In the xterm, type "screen" (if the
  package is installed), and then, when "you cannot type any more",
  (after you typed xterm without &), you can hit ^A-c
  (control-A c), to get a new screen session.

Solution 5:
  Well, I don't want to bore you with even more solutions. There
  must be loads more (running two paralell X servers, more programmes
  like screen (splitvt for example), logging in remotely,
  and many I didn't think of.

>Then tried the Virtual way Ctrl-alt-Fx and when i did that and a
> new logon screen came on and then when i went back to X there was no X
> there was a shell screen and it showed all the usual commands when X starts
> and it was locked.and i cant do anything so i have to kill it.

Ah, that's part of my "solution 5", the not adviced one. You can
type "startx -- :1", and you will start a second X server. You can then
switch between the X servers with Contr_Alt_Fx. But generally, you don't
want this option.

--
joost witteveen, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
#!/usr/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj