You can use dump and restore to provide incrementals. One way of doing it is to
do a dump level 0 first, this would do a full backup. Then you next do a level
1 which only backs up what changed since level 0. Then a level 2 which only
dumps what changed since a level 1, etc. Dump also allows you to specify a date
instead of using the date in /etc/dumpdates

On 21-Oct-97 John Overton wrote:
>I'm using a dual boot PC using 2 disks, debian on hdb and win95 on
>hda.  To keep things simple, I want to backup both disks through a
>single (linux) mechanism, on a single tape.
>
>It would be great to avoid dumping disk images, as I'd like to provide
>incrementals, etc.
>
>Recommendations?  Options?
>
>Thanks much,
>John

---
George Bonser
Debian/GNU Linux  See http://www.debian.org
Linux ... It isn't just for breakfast anymore!