Hi,

I'm attempting to install Debian 1.3.1 as provided on the Infomagic LDR
aug97.  I have a 486 with an adaptec 2842, and a spare partition on one of
the scsi drives. The system currently runs redhat 4.2, which I don't want
to disturb, so I'm using loadlin on files copied to hda as documented in
that nice new Debian Linux User's Guide.  (but hda is too small for an
install, so I need scsi support)

It boots, resets the scsi bus, and then hangs with these messages:
    scsi0: BRKADRINT error (0x1):  Illegal host access
    kernel panic: scsi0: BRKADRINT, error 0x1, sqaddr 0x0.
    In swapper task - not syncing

When booting redhat, the bus reset succeeds, and the drives are
recognized. In Debian, I've tried passing it "aic7xxx=extended,no_reset"
or "aic7xxx=1,1" to no avail.

I did a search through the bug database on the Debian web site for
"aic7xxx", but surely this has been encountered before?

Other hardware: ensoniq soundscape PnP, which I ignore, 3c503 at
0x300,10,0xc800, and an odd Genoa ET4000w32i video card; a mouse and modem
on coms 1 & 2.  I don't think any of these are the problem though.

 Thanks.