At 15:10 20-10-97 -0600, you wrote:

>Everything looks good to me. Can your clients just not surf? Try running
>winipcfg at the Win95 clients to see if they got all of their dhcp
>configuration.

Allmost all the options is correct - but, the field "DNS servers" is just
empty!?

>Then do the diag basics: can you ping the Linux box? can you ping the dns
>server's IP address? can you ping www.apexxtech.com? etc.

I can ping the linux box, telnet to it etc. I can allso ping mashines
outside my lan, access web pages etc, - if I type the ip address.

I use transparent proxy (i'm redirecting from port 80 to 3180 and then
squid take care) so the problem isn't that big. I *can* surf the web
through my proxy.

Regards,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
icq uin: 2565176