Ok sorry for my non-well formed question.

/etc/exports line looks like this (names and faces have been changed)

/ 242.21.5.133 (rw,root_squash,map_daemon)

In this example I have exported the root directory of the server to the machine
with the given ip, thats right...right.

On the client I say
mount 242.21.5.133:/ /mntpnt
when I cd to /mntpnt/var/spool/mail and say ls the directory is empty.  On
the server /var/spool/mail is full of files.

I probally should mention that I have home mounted with out problem and followed
the same steps in both cases.

--
Jason Killen                                     Question Stupidity

I'm here for my American dream and I'm not leaving until I get every bit!!!!

Monolith : That funny looking guy talking to himself in the back of class
PGP fingerprint = 64 71 48 14 31 AE C6 70  E4 4F 64 EB 3B AA 00 6B
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         http://www.cs.wcu.edu/~jkillen