On Tue, 28 Oct 1997, Bao C. Ha wrote:

> I am trying to install hamm.  And I am missing some of the following
> packages: jdk-common, elf-x11r6lib, ...

elf-x11r6lib is an obsolete virtual package that used to be provided by
xlib6 and isn't anylonger (over a year after being announced obsolete).
Any package that depends on it has a bug, which has probably already been
reported.  You can force them to configure with the --force-depends option
to dpkg.

jdk-common has been superceded by the jdk1.1* packages.  You can find the
old packages in bo if you still need them.

--
Scott K. Ellis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 http://www.gate.net/~storm/