On Thu, Oct 30, 1997 at 04:51:02PM +0000, Waller Martin MEJ wrote:
>      I'm trying to install debian on a second computer here at work from
> cd-rom.  I got the base system installed from floppy OK, and the cd rom was
> apparently detected, but i don't have a clue how to mount it.  I was
> expecting a /dev/scd0 block device, but there's none, just sda, sdb, etc.
> which are already used for the two hard disks.  sdc won't work either.

[ I assume you have a SCSI CD-Rom drive ]

cd to /dev and there type the following : MAKEDEV scd
which will hopefully create devices scd0, scd1, ..., scd7 to access your
CD. Yours will probably be /dev/scd0 then, and you should create a link
/dev/scd0 -> /dev/cdrom

olive
--
                Olivier Tharan, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>