Craig Sanders wrote:
> > | preline procmail
> >
> > isn't all that difficult.
>
> no it's not difficult. the PITA factor comes in because it has to be
> done for every account.  As i said, i use procmail as the local delivery
> agent - which means that i need a global setting for it, not a per- user
> setting.

Take a look at qmail 1.01-2 (actually, look at qmail-src, which creates that
package).

Using this version, you can edit the /etc/init.d/qmail file to something
like:

alias_empty="|/usr/local/bin/qmail-procmail"

I couldhave just put "|preline procmail" there, but my qmail-procmail
script does a few things to return codes that are useful. Here it is:

#!/bin/sh
#
# This script is used to get qmail to run procmail for every delivery.
# Script by: Philip Hands <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

/usr/bin/preline /usr/bin/procmail && exit 0

# check if procmail returned EX_TEMPFAIL (75)
[ $? = 75 ] && exit 111

# otherwise return a permanent error
exit 100

--