hi,

Thanks all for all the kind help for my last question. Since
I am new to debian system, I still have some question in
having it work properly. Hope you all are not bothered by
my repetitive effort. :)

1. I have upgrade from libc5 to libc6 (in hamm/unstable).
There are similar error messages when using dselect to
install packages. (I have slang0.99.38 installed.)

ldconfig: warning: can't open /usr/lib/libc5-compat/libslang.so.0
(No such file or directory), skipping

2. What is elf-x11r6lib? I can not find it, either on package
list or search in debian homepage.

 dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of fvwm:
 fvwm depends on elf-x11r6lib; however:
  Package elf-x11r6lib is not installed.

3. Some problem in update-menu, but I can not fix it.

In file "/usr/lib/menu/majordomo" at line 1:
command="/usr/doc/majordomo/majordomo-faq.html" description="Frequently asked
+questions about the Majordomo mailing  list manager" needs="dwww" section=""
+title="Majordomo FAQ"

+^
Missing (or empty) tag: section
 (This tag needs to defined for the menuentry to make sense)
/etc/menu-methods//fvwm2: Aborting
In file "/etc/menu-methods//menu.h" at line 0:
!include menu.h
^
Unable to open file
/etc/menu-methods//kde: Aborting
find: /var/catman: No such file or directory
find: /var/catman: No such file or directory

4. here are setting in /etc/login.defs, which yields an error.

# If set to "yes" /etc/issue will be output before each login prompt
ISSUE_FILE_ENAB no

configuration error - unknown item 'ISSUE_FILE_ENAB' (notify administrator)

Well, maybe too long and too many. Can anyone help me out? Thanx a lot!!

-cheng