On Wed, Dec 10, 1997 at 04:39:42PM -0800, Stephen Zander wrote:
> Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> > Why shouldn't our kernel factory-default to 5 too?
>
> I thought irq 5 was also for lpt1..... surely it's
> better to document what we have now? Otherwise we may
> trade one set of questions for another ("Why can't I
> use my ... printer?" :))

Well, IRQ 7 is usually for LPT1, and printing doesn't require
an IRQ by default (you have to enable it with tunelp). I actually
have a serial port on IRQ 7, as well as the printer, and it works fine.
Things like Zip drives might be another question though.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]