"Pedro Sanchez" wrote:
  >I was not aware of the syntax "crontab <filename>". What is "filename"?
  >/var/spool/cron/crontab/sanchez (or something like that)? I'm not
  >in my computer right now, I'll try tonight to see what happens.

crontab <filename> copies the contents of <filename> over the current user's
crontab file, destroying what was there before.

If you use this method to update your crontab, do it like this to preserve
your existing set of cron commands:

  crontab -l >/tmp/crontab.me
  vi /tmp/crontab.me
  crontab /tmp/crontab.me

--
Oliver Elphick                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Unsolicited email advertisements are not welcome; any person sending
such will be invoiced for telephone time used in downloading together
with a £25 administration charge.