All the login prompt asks for is Username and Password, and then the
connection starts the terminal lists IP address and MRU? and then it's
supposed to start...

I tried it with minicom and everytime I guit without reset to type
pppd manually the modem would drop connection.

This may be solved today because I am going to try a free offer with
IBM Internet Services who I have heard to be more reliable...

Thanks,
Bill