unless something has changed, the only version of netscape which can be
installed by the debian packages is 3.01.

To make matters worse, if you use the netscape installer, it places its files
earlier in the search path than the .deb does.

I believe that "du / | grep netscape" will find the incidences of netscape
files.  I know that I found them somehow.  Either that, or "tar -ztvf
netscape3.02.tgz" to get a listing of it's files, then manually remove them.

I went thorugh this last year, and it took months to find the problem.

rick

--
These opinions will not be those of ISU until it pays my retainer.